She is a person who engineers everyone′s heart with a great aplomb .Her pen writes such things that touches the heart of millions …..To know more about her please read the “about the author ”section below this interview
So clap for one and only Neelam Chandra Saxena….and we at feelgoodwithmeblog are happy to have you here ,this evening .
We would love you to drop in at our blog more often for such chat sessions.
Thanks in advance
Interview with Neelam
1.Why did you choose such a title for the this book?.
Time is a magician. Sometimes, it acts like balm for healing the ached hearts and at other times, it teaches people living around to adapt. And, at other instants, time also brings with it punishments, penances and penalties. The book ‘SANDS OF TIME’ takes you through these various emotions in the twelve stories which it contains. I thought that the title was the most apt for this book.
2.How the idea of Sands of Time crop up in your mind ? .
A woman’s life is itself a story with a lot of twists and turns. She is born in one house with a particular set of culture and values and is expected to change herself to suit the house she is entering into overnight. Then, she is expected to play multiple roles too. For a large part of her life, she is a daughter and then she becomes a mother. Amidst this, the actual woman is often lost. How a woman maintains to retain her spirits amazes me and my stories often reflect upon that. Writing about women has always intrigued me and when my publisher wanted me to come up with a collection of short stories, I thought that women was my natural choice.
3. Tell me some thing about your latest release and yourself ?.
. I am an Electrical Engineer and had joined Indian Railways after clearing the I.E.S. exams. Right now, I am on deputation to UPSC and am working there as Joint Secretary. My husband, Prafulla Chandra, is also an engineer by profession. We have a daughter who is studying medicine. Writing has been my passion since childhood and in 2008, I decided to take it further. Sands of Time is my twenty fifth book and is very special. After that, a few more poetry books have also been published and at present, I am thirty two books old.
4. What are your future plans ?.
I assume you wish to know my future plans w.r.t writing. Well, I have one novel, two children’s story books and two short story collections planned in the near future. I have also finished another novel and have begun working on my next.
5 .Favorite line from Sands of Time ….
. “I have aged now. I really do not know how long I will live. My husband expired a year back. My children often insist that I should go and stay with them. But this home is my world. And when children like Shiya come and ask for my blessings, I feel that I have had a life well lived. When my turn comes to bid adieu to this world, I will not have any regrets.”
About the Author
· Awarded by eminent poet/lyricist Gulzarji in a Poetry Contest organized by American Society on the topic ‘Poetry for Social Change’.
· Received the Rabindranath Tagore International poetry award -2014
· Awarded PremchandPuraskar by Ministry of Railways (II prize).
· Awarded by Children Book Trust, India in 2009.
· Neelam also debuted as a lyricist in Shankar Tucker’s composition ‘Mere Sajan sun sun’ at the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auRmXTmVwrY and the song has won the ‘Popular Choice’ award in Folk Fusion category in Radio City Freedom Awards.
· Neelam is a record holder with Limca Book of records for highest publications in a year in English and Hindi.
· Neelam and her daughter hold record for being the first mother-daughter duo to write a poetry book for the book ‘Winter Shall Fade’ in Limca Book of Records, Miracle World Records and India Book of records