Today on my dear blog ie Romance Writer With Walnut Cup Cakes a sweet Aarti V Raman has agreed to answer my question on her latest release here which I had mailed it to her ,few days ago .
Over to you Aarti !
- What made you to choose a dance subject for your latest book?
Dance is like all other art forms, chaotic, graceful and one finds meaning inside it, much like one can in writing or movies or books. I chose dance as one of the core themes of the book to pay homage to all the entertainers in the industry who wait endlessly for their break, never losing faith, never giving up. Sort of a parallel track when it comes to finding everlasting love, don’t you think?
- Abeer a laid back desi hot shot lawyer is totally your creation or is there any one in real life who has inspired you to pen him down like this?
Haha. A good writer never reveals her muse. Abeer is a combination of a lot of good, decent, reasonable men who do not fly off the handle whenever the going gets rough and a product of my imagination while watchingSuits, a US Network TV series. In fact, I have even acknowledged the leads of the series in the book.
- Any reason why did you choose a ‘ballet’ dance form over other dances forms like bharatnatyam and odissi
I have studied Bharatnatyam and it is intricate and painful. But I suppose the charm of watching a man prance around in a tutu performing lifts is something else, isn’t it? The other reason is the haunting music of Tchaikovsky’s Swan Lake that made me absolutely fall in love with the performances of the artistes.
- Describe Aarti in 5 words.
Five words are not enough J
- Your Favorite Author.
At the moment, it is Haruki Murakami and Leigh Bardugo.
- Describe your best bookish moments?
Don’t know what this means. Don’t think I am bookish.
I hope you all enjoy reading her cool answers here .
Thanks for keeping your keen ears on our blog page .